Unified Government (UG) DotMaps Public Terms & Conditions of Use Policy
Ver. 1.0, October 2004. © 2015 Unified Government of Wyandotte County/Kansas City, KS
The below UG policy governs the public use of maps and tabular report data produced by the UG DotMaps Public Web Mapper application offered to the general public.
Section I. Data Limitations
1. DotMaps maps are intended for display and reference purposes only.
2. Cadastral (parcel, or land ownership boundary) information is not survey quality and should not be used for legal decisions or notices. Any planimetric information (streets, sidewalks, railroads, water features, etc.) is not necessarily accurate to engineering, survey, or navigational standards. The user is responsible for understanding the accuracy limitations of this data.
3. Assessed property values may not necessarily be certified values for ad valorem tax purposes.
4. GIS data layers come from a variety of sources and lineage and may not align perfectly when overlaid with one another.
5. You, the map user, must exercise good judgment when acting upon this mapped information. DotMaps map data should always be independently verified with original (primary) data sources for accuracy/currency/completeness if circumstances (such as possible economic loss, physical injury risk, etc.) require it.
6. Metadata (documentation about GIS datasets or map layers, and tabular reports) may be provided for DotMaps-generated maps. You are encouraged to read it.
Section II. Kansas Open Records Act
A section of
the Kansas Criminal Code related to the Kansas Open Records Act states in part: "No person
shall knowingly sell, give or receive, for the purpose of selling or offering
for sale, any property or service to persons listed therein, any list of names and
addresses contained therein, or derived from public records..." K.S.A.
21-3914. Violation of this law is a Class C Misdemeanor and can subject the
violator to prosecution and imprisonment up to 30 days and a fine of $500.00.
Violators will be reported for prosecution. By using this application, the user
makes the following certification pursuant to K.S.A. 45-220(c)(2): "the
requester does not intend to, and will not: (A) Use any list of names or
addresses contained in or derived from the records or information for the
purpose of selling or offering for sale any property or service to any person
listed or to any person who resides at any address listed; or (B) sell, give or
otherwise make available to any person any list of names or addresses contained
in or derived from the records or information the purpose of allowing that
person to sell or offer for sale any property or service to any person listed
or to any person
who resides at any address listed."
Section III. Data Disclaimer
1. DotMaps Data
is provided "as is" without warranty or any representation of
accuracy, timeliness or completeness. The burden for determining accuracy,
completeness, timeliness, merchantability and fitness for or the
appropriateness for use rests solely on the user. The Unified Government makes no
warranties, express or implied, as to the use of
DotMaps Data. There are no implied warranties of merchantability
or fitness for a particular purpose. The user
acknowledges and accepts the limitations of the Data, including the fact that
the Data is dynamic and is in a constant state of maintenance, correction and
2. You understand that there may be errors or omissions in map data or programming in this application, and that correction of defects is not guaranteed. If you find any errors please bring them to UG technical staff's attention.
Section IV. Data Usage Restrictions
1. There are no restrictions on distribution of printed DotMaps maps, other than the UG copyright/credit notice should be legible on the print.